IAPRI Student Exchange Scholarship 2016-2017
Established in 2012 the IAPRI Student Exchange Scholarships support research undertaken by students in IAPRI member organisations and to allow them to travel to other member organisations to further their research work.
To undertake a research project at IAPRI member universities or research institutions
Graduate students enrolling at the IAPRI member universities/institutes. A graduate student is defined as a student holding a Bachelor degree, and enrolled/registered as pursuing a PhD or Masters-by-research degree.
Minimum of 6 months
Number of scholarships
One scholarship will be awarded
- Stipend of 5,000.00 pounds sterling
- A lump sum towards air fare to and from the host institutes (no more than 500 pounds per scholarship)
Requirements and Conditions
- Candidates must be a graduate student currently enrolled in one of the IAPRI member universities or institutes
- Candidates must have agreement to be supervised by the professor/researcher at the host/institute which is an IAPRI member
- Candidates must agree to present an oral present describing the results of their research at the next IAPRI Symposium
- An application form with a recent photograph
- A updated curriculum vitae
- A confirmation letter from the supervisor at the host university/institute on the university/institute letter head stating that she/he is willing to guide the candidate's research project with a reference to the IAPRI Scholarship for Student Exchange 2016-2017
- A detailed research proposal (two-pages including research question, intended approach and work schedule signed by the applicant and the supervisor at the university/institute the applicant is currently attending.
- Details of the IAPRI member organisation where the student intends to carry out the research with an explanation as to why the visit would enhance the research project.
- An application form is available by clicking here.
- Required application documents as listed above should be saved or scanned and submitted by email to email@example.com
Applications will be considered by the IAPRI Scholarship Selection Committee based on academic achievements and research potential. Scoring will be against
- Significance (address important problems and potential impacts on advancing packaging related knowledge)
- Approach (develop conceptual framework, methods, and analyses appropriate to the aim of the research)
- Scientific and technical merit
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Four applications will be shortlisted and candidates will be invited to the IAPRI conference, hosted by Cetea, in Sao Paulo to make presentations of their proposals. IAPRI will not provide any financial support for travel or any other expenses relating to attending the Brazil conference. Those candidates unable to travel to Brazil will be asked to create a video presentation of their research proposal. The successful candidate will be selected by IAPRI members at the conference.
The successful candidate will present their findings at the 28th IAPRI Symposium on Packaging, May 2017 in Lausanne, Switzerland. The candidates will be expected to fund their own travel and expenses to Switzerland.
- Announcement: November 2015
- Application deadline: 19th February 2016
- Announcement of short-listed applicants: mid- April
- Presentation at conference: June 2016 - (video presentation)
- Announcement of successful candidate: June 2016
- Research period: between Sept 2016 – May 2017
- Final presentation of results at IAPRI symposium: May 2017
Mrs Marie Rushton, IAPRI Secretary General, firstname.lastname@example.org