IAPRI Student Exchange Scholarship
IAPRI Student Exchange Scholarship 2022-23
Established in 2012 the IAPRI Student Exchange Scholarship supports research undertaken by students from an IAPRI member organizations by enabling them to travel to another IAPRI member institute to further conduct their research work.
Enabling a person to undertake a research project at a different IAPRI member universities or research institute than the one they attend or where they work.
Any graduate student enrolled at or enrolling at an IAPRI member universities/institutes. A graduate student is defined as a student holding a Bachelor degree, and enrolled/registered and pursuing a PhD or Masters-by-research degree. IAPRI will also allow undergrads who are deemed outstanding candidates by their member universities/Institutes.
Minimum of 6 months
Number of scholarships
One scholarship will be awarded
- Stipend of $7,000 US dollars
Requirements and Conditions
- Candidates must be a graduate student currently enrolled in one of the IAPRI member universities or institutes
- Candidates must have agreement to be supervised by the professor/researcher at the host institute which is an IAPRI member
- Candidates must agree to present an oral present describing the results of their research at the 2023 IAPRI Member Conference in Mumbai, India May 25-28, 2023
- An application form with a recent photograph
- A updated curriculum vitae
- A confirmation letter from the supervisor at the host university/institute on the university/institute letter head stating that she/he is willing to guide the candidate's research project with a reference to the IAPRI Scholarship for Student Exchange 2022-2023.
- A detailed research proposal (two-pages including research question, intended approach and work schedule signed by the applicant and the supervisor at the university/institute the applicant is currently attending.
- An application form is available by clicking here
- Required application documents as listed above should be saved or scanned and submitted by email to Ed Church at email@example.com
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications will be considered by the IAPRI Scholarship Selection Committee based on academic achievements and research potential. Scoring will be against
- Significance (address important problems and potential impacts on advancing packaging related knowledge)
- Approach (develop conceptual framework, methods, and analyses appropriate to the aim of the research)
- Scientific and technical merit
Applications will be shortlisted, and selected candidates will be invited to the IAPRI World Conference, hosted by The Thai Packaging Center to make presentations of their proposals. IAPRI will not provide any financial support for travel or any other expenses relating to attending the conference. Those candidates unable to travel to Thailand will be asked to create a video presentation of their research proposal. The successful candidate will be selected by IAPRI members at the conference.
The successful candidate will present their findings at the 30th IAPRI Member Conference on Packaging in Mumbai, India May 25-28, 2023 hosted by the SIES School of Packaging & Packaging Technology Center. The candidates will be expected to fund their own travel and expenses to the India.
- Announcement: December 2021
- Application deadline: March 15, 2022
- Announcement of short-listed applicants: Mid- April, 2022
- Presentation at conference: June 13-15, 2022 (video presentation is acceptable)
- Announcement of successful candidate: At conclusion of the 2022 Conference
- Research period: between Sept 2022-April 2023
- Final presentation of results at IAPRI Member Conference in Mumbai, India May 25-28, 2023
Ed Church, IAPRI Secretary General