IAPRI Student Exchange Scholarship
2022-2023 Sponsored by
Established in 2012 the IAPRI Student Exchange Scholarship supports research undertaken by students from an IAPRI member organizations by enabling them to travel to another IAPRI member institute to further conduct their research work. The scholarship is awarded at each IAPRI World Conference and becomes a presentation at the following IAPRI Member Conference. The 2022 scholarship sponsored by PepsiCo was awarded to Marije Linders from University of Twente in the Netherlands. Her research project is titled "An Investigation into the Design and Sustainability Aspects of Reusable Containers for Fresh Produce". She will be conducting her research as Cal Poly State University in the United States.
IAPRI is currently looking for a sponsor for the 2024 World Conference, any company interested in this possibility please contact Ed Church at firstname.lastname@example.org
Enabling a person to undertake a research project at a different IAPRI member universities or research institute than the one they attend or where they work.
Any graduate student enrolled at or enrolling at an IAPRI member universities/institutes. A graduate student is defined as a student holding a Bachelor degree, and enrolled/registered and pursuing a PhD or Masters-by-research degree. IAPRI will also allow undergrads who are deemed outstanding candidates by their member universities/Institutes.
Minimum of 6 months
Number of scholarships
One scholarship will be awarded
- Stipend of $7,000 US dollars
Requirements and Conditions
- Candidates must be a graduate student currently enrolled in one of the IAPRI member universities or institutes
- Candidates must have agreement to be supervised by the professor/researcher at the host institute which is an IAPRI member
- Candidates must agree to present an oral present describing the results of their research at the next IAPRI Member Conference the following year.
- An application form with a recent photograph
- A updated curriculum vitae
- A confirmation letter from the supervisor at the host university/institute on the university/institute letter head stating that she/he is willing to guide the candidate's research project with a reference to the IAPRI Student Exchange Scholarship.
- A detailed research proposal (two-pages including research question, intended approach and work schedule signed by the applicant and the supervisor at the university/institute the applicant is currently attending.
- Applications are open starting 8 months in advance of each IAPRI World Conference and close three months prior to the start of the event.
- An application form is available by clicking here
- Required application documents as listed above should be saved or scanned and submitted by email to Ed Church at email@example.com
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications will be considered by the IAPRI Scholarship Selection Committee based on academic achievements and research potential. Scoring will be against
- Significance (address important problems and potential impacts on advancing packaging related knowledge)
- Approach (develop conceptual framework, methods, and analyses appropriate to the aim of the research)
- Scientific and technical merit
Applications will be shortlisted, and selected candidates will be invited to the upcoming IAPRI World Conference, to make presentations of their proposals. IAPRI will not provide any financial support for travel or any other expenses relating to attending the conference. Those candidates unable to travel to the World Conference will be asked to create a video presentation of their research proposal. The successful candidate will be selected by IAPRI members at the conference.
The successful candidate will present their findings at the next IAPRI Member Conference. The candidates will be expected to fund their own travel and expenses to that event.
- Announcement: The October prior to the next World Conference
- Application deadline: Three months prior to the start date of the World Conference
- Announcement of short-listed applicants: Mid- April
- Presentation at conference: In person or video presentation is acceptable
- Announcement of successful candidate: At conclusion of the World Conference
- Research period: between September of tha year and April the following year
- Final presentation of results at the following IAPRI Member Conference
Ed Church, IAPRI Secretary General